Album des Monats November - I Am
Leona Lewis hat ein neues Album draußen. Dieses möchte ich euch gerne als Album des Monats November vorstellen.
Als erstes fand ich die Aufmachung der CD schon mal sehr ansprechend. Sehr künstlerisch ist das Papercase gestaltet. Die Sängerin ist auf dem Cover mit Schwingen dargestellt. Wenn man dann das Album öffnet findet man den Falken, dem die Schwingen gehören.
Das ist wirklich sehr ansprechend geworden und gehört für mich zum Hörerlebnis des Albums dazu. Neben der CD gibt es noch ein hübsch gemachtes Booklett, welches ihr euch auch einmal ansehen solltet. Aber nun zu der Musik.
Mit "Thunder" beginnt das Album. Das Thempo ist mäßig schnell und die Percussions dominieren hier sichtlich.
First, it was heaven
Everything roses and fine
You and I were golden
Now it's armageddon
And I woke up like a fighter
Putting up a legion
You were rising like a star
Reigning like a king
While I was waiting in the wings
And I won't wait any longer
When you left me down, I got stronger
If you want a bolt of lightning
I'm on the horizon
But I'm coming back with the thunder
Well, I'm coming back with the thunder
Well, I'm coming back with the thunder
Der Track stimmt einen auf das Album ein und Leona testet sich hier auch schon ziemlich aus. Der Song ist ganz schön, wenn ich auch sagen muss, dass Leona als Altstimme die Höhen nur sehr schwer erreicht und ins Kreischen abrutscht. Das finde ich persönlich nicht so toll. Auf die Dauer wird es dann anstrengend zu zu hören.
Wenn sie diese Höhen etwas tiefer gesungen hätte, wäre es sicherlich ein besserer Song geworden.
Bei "Fire Under My Feet" macht sie das leider genauso. Die Höhen sind einfach nichts für ihre Stimme, dabei ist ihre doch so schön.
Ich finde der Song ist zu sehr auf Angriff gepolt.
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can't put out all these flames
You can't keep me down in my seat
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can get out of this place
If you can't take the heat
Fire
I tripped and I stumbled
Watched my world crumble
Sometimes you eat dirt
You live and you learn
The lamb and the lions
The tigers and titans
Afraid to get hurt
But now I'm making them purr
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can't put out all these flames
You can't keep me down in my seat
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can get out of this place
If you can't take the heat
Fire
Dadurch wird er etwas sperrig. Obwohl der Gospel-Beat den Zuschauer richtig abholt. Leider etwas too much geworden.
Für euch habe ich hier eine Live-Aufnahme aus dem britischen Fernsehen.
Die Balade "You Know Me When" ist genau das Richtige für Leona. Hier kann sie ihre Stärken zeigen.
Take a look, look into my eyes
You'll see someone you don't recognize
You'll see someone who looks like me
But I'm not the me I used to be
Found I could fall, but I could get up
And after all, I could hold my head up
I made it out, I made it through
I'm someone now, I'm someone new
But you could say you knew me then
You could say you knew me when
You knew me when I was on the edge
And my confidence was shattered
You knew me when I didn't know my word
Didn't know how much I mattered
You knew me when you thought you could get me down, no
You knew me when, you knew me then
But you don't know me now
You look surprised to see I've changed
But I've turned the key and I've turned the page
Stepped out the dark into the sun
To a whole new me that I've become
I was scared, had so much fear then
Now I'm free, now I'm fearless
Took too much for too long
I'm someone now, I'm someone strong
And you could say you knew me then
You could say you knew me when
Hier nimmt sie die Höhen nicht ganz so spitz und dadurch ist der Song auch viel ansprechender. Die Balade hat viel Gänsehautpotential.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
In "I Am" beweist sie wieder ihr Können. Nichts gegen Weiterentwickeln, aber wenn Leona es auslässt, in die Höhen zu wollen, dann kann sie sich locker mit Beyonce und Co. messen.
I thought the moment I was leaving,
barely breathing,
fell to pieces,
couldn't face this.
Why would I be leaving, I was believing,
it was you and me against the world.
Not saying I was afraid of you,
won't put the blame on you,
but i wont change for you.
Just when you thought you dropped me,
I gotta dropped the news,
I'm still existing, I'm still here.
I am, with or without you.
I am breathing without you.
I am somebody without you.
I am, I am.
I am free without you.
I am stronger without you.
Thought I would never rise again.
But I am, I am.
Stilsicher macht sie "I Am" zum Megahit. Voller Power, voller Gefühl!
Für euch habe ich hier die Live-Aufnahme aus dem Londoner Hyde Park.
"Ladders" ist ein cooler Song, der mir von Anfang an gefiel. Die Electro-Elemente wirken verspielt und sind mal was Neues.
From these ladders that
Your climbing on
Ill build your diamond Dream
From the ashes of the pavements
That wound up to your house
Hail the sun
And all this glory
The radios on
It's playing your favorite song
I wish you hadn't died last night
I cannot bring you back
So can I come along
I cannot bring you back
From these ladders
That you're climbing on
This is ok look down
I'm in the apple orchard
That we found
Back in the fall
Baby your right at night
I'm a wreck without you
Keeping me so warm
I better perform
Sehr tanzbar.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
"The Essence of Me" ist wieder eine dieser Baladen, für die wir Leona so lieben. Hier brilliert sie auf ganzer Ebene.
Let me take these clothes off
Throw them in the fire
Blowing hair in the wind
Let spirit guide me
No limitations
It a brand new dawn
Onto new horizons
This is who I am
This is what I want
Oh I'm breaking free
I'm taking the leap
These water are deep
I'm feeling, I'm feeling
The essence of me
These mountains are steep
But there's not stopping me
I'm feeling, I'm feeling
The essence of me
The eh eh eh eh essence of me
The eh eh eh eh essence of me
I've been everything you wanted me to be
Let you chip away at my self esteem
You spoke so loud I couldn't hear myself
But now your ugly judgments
No longer pin me down
You can't pin me down!
They can pin me down!
Dieser Song wird ganz sicher noch oft im Radio zu hören sein. Mir gefällt er sehr gut.
Der Beat bei "I Got You" fängt den Zuhörer sofort ein. Der starke Song birgt wieder heikle Höhen, wirkt aber trotzdem durch und durch stimmig.
A place to crash
I got you
No need to ask
I got you
Just get on the phone
I got you
Come and pick you up
If I have to
What's weird about it
Is we're right at the end
And mad about it
Just figured it out in my head
I'm proud to say
I got you
Go ahead and say goodbye
I'll be alright
Go ahead and make me cry
I'll be alright
And when you need a place
To run to
For better for worse
I got you
Zum Ende dann übertreibt sie es ein bisschen. Schade.
Mir gefällt "Power" total gut. Dieser Hall, dieses zarte im Song, perfekt.
Going to release my restless heart
I learned all of things you chose
Oh but now nothing is standing stil
Gotta run for the ones with the love I feel
I feel, I I
I got the power
Ooh, power
I feel the power
Power
Take a deep breath, I'm jumping in
This is where you end and I begin
See the world through my kaleidoscope
I am the one I've been waiting for
I've been waiting for
I got the power
Ooh, power
I feel the power
Ooh, power
Wieder ein Hit mit fiel Potential.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
"Another Love Song" wartet mit Calipso-Elementen auf und bekommt dadurch einen ganz eigenwilligen Rhythmus.
You're so impossible
Scream and moan it chills my soul
Don't wanna hear you got left behind
All those times you stayed up and cried
It's no lie
You did it to yourself
Like chewed up gum under my shelf
Don't look surprised
You must have know all along
It's just another love song
Another love song
It's never easy
It's not hard
When you've lost your mind
With you it's sleezy
Don't tell me your worries
I'm sick, I'll leave you blind
Now the time has come
To leave this love that's left you dry
No need to work this out now
Cause you know there's no reason why
It's just another love song
Another love song
Der Track ist tanzbar, macht Laune und ist mal etwas anderes von Leona. Später schwingen noch House-Elemente mit und man fühlt sich in die Chartmusik der 90ger versetzt. Klasse.
"Thank You" ist eine Mega-Balade. Diese werden wir sicherlich noch bei vielen Gelegenheiten hören. Und auch hier zeigt Leona Lewis, wie sehr sie es kann.
If I've ever put you through hell
Only called when I needed help
If I've only thought of myself
Couldn't find the words to say what I felt
If I've ever lied to your face
Shut you out to keep you away
You'd always give and I'd always take
Yes, it took some time for me to say
Thank you, thank you
For seeing the best and the worst of me
The angel underneath
Thank you
Wahnsinn der Song.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
Die nächste Balade nennt sich "Thick Skin" und ist einfach nur der Hammer.
You can say anything you wanna say
Hit me, but I'm gonna love you anyway
If you didn't have a wall to hide behind
But you fell to pieces when your eyes were mine
You can throw your daggers, you can sink 'em in
It don't matter, I got thick skin
You can knock me down, but I'll get up again
Cause I'm stronger than your bruises, I got thick skin
Cause I'm stronger than your bruises, I got thick skin
Every time you find another stone to throw
I will pick it up and start to build a wall
Keep up with me?
And you were only adding my castle
You can throw your daggers, you can sink 'em in
It don't matter, I got thick skin
You can knock me down, but I'll get up again
Cause I'm stronger than your bruises, I got thick skin
Der Track gefällt so gut. Mit der Tiefe und der Power gehört er zu den besten Songs des Albums. Wirklich toll gemacht.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
Das Album schließt mit der ruhigen Balade "The Best and the Worst" die wieder sehr gelungen ist.
Ein phänomenaler Kracher, der das Album hier beendet.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
Als Bonus gibt es auf der CD noch die Acoustic-Versions von "I Am" und "Thunder" und die United Studio Session von "Fire Under My Feed".
Mit "I Am" hat Leona Lewis hier ein etwas durchwachsenes Album heraus gebracht. Viele Songs sind sehr gut, aber in manchen übernimmt sie sich mit den Höhen. Klar ist sie dabei auch nicht die einzige Sängerin und es gehört auch wirklich zum Prozess einer Sängerin, neue Ufer zu erreichen, um sich weiter zu entwickeln. Aber mit ihrer Altstimme kommt sie eben nicht sauber hoch.
Als absoluter Fan von ihr darf ich auch sagen, dass ihre Stimme im Vergleich zu den anderen Alben kaum noch Volumen aufweist. Ich möchte den Ausdruck 'dünnes Stimmchen' eigentlich ungern gebrauchen, auch wenn er völlig zutrifft. Vielleicht sollte sie ihrer Stimme ein bisschen Ruhe gönnen, und dann wieder voll loslegen.
Das Album ist dementsprechend etwas enttäuschend. Die Songs sind wirklich schön und passen so sehr zu ihr. Leider sind aber einige Tracks wegen der Stimme nervig.
Schade wenn man bedenkt, wie cool sie früher alle an die Wand gesungen hat. Trotzdem ist es absolut wert, sich das Album zu besorgen. Es ist ein solides Album mit sehr guten Songs. Aber eben nicht der Standard für Leona Lewis. Das kann sie normaler Weise viel besser.
Als erstes fand ich die Aufmachung der CD schon mal sehr ansprechend. Sehr künstlerisch ist das Papercase gestaltet. Die Sängerin ist auf dem Cover mit Schwingen dargestellt. Wenn man dann das Album öffnet findet man den Falken, dem die Schwingen gehören.
Das ist wirklich sehr ansprechend geworden und gehört für mich zum Hörerlebnis des Albums dazu. Neben der CD gibt es noch ein hübsch gemachtes Booklett, welches ihr euch auch einmal ansehen solltet. Aber nun zu der Musik.
Mit "Thunder" beginnt das Album. Das Thempo ist mäßig schnell und die Percussions dominieren hier sichtlich.
First, it was heaven
Everything roses and fine
You and I were golden
Now it's armageddon
And I woke up like a fighter
Putting up a legion
You were rising like a star
Reigning like a king
While I was waiting in the wings
And I won't wait any longer
When you left me down, I got stronger
If you want a bolt of lightning
I'm on the horizon
But I'm coming back with the thunder
Well, I'm coming back with the thunder
Well, I'm coming back with the thunder
Der Track stimmt einen auf das Album ein und Leona testet sich hier auch schon ziemlich aus. Der Song ist ganz schön, wenn ich auch sagen muss, dass Leona als Altstimme die Höhen nur sehr schwer erreicht und ins Kreischen abrutscht. Das finde ich persönlich nicht so toll. Auf die Dauer wird es dann anstrengend zu zu hören.
Wenn sie diese Höhen etwas tiefer gesungen hätte, wäre es sicherlich ein besserer Song geworden.
Bei "Fire Under My Feet" macht sie das leider genauso. Die Höhen sind einfach nichts für ihre Stimme, dabei ist ihre doch so schön.
Ich finde der Song ist zu sehr auf Angriff gepolt.
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can't put out all these flames
You can't keep me down in my seat
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can get out of this place
If you can't take the heat
Fire
I tripped and I stumbled
Watched my world crumble
Sometimes you eat dirt
You live and you learn
The lamb and the lions
The tigers and titans
Afraid to get hurt
But now I'm making them purr
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can't put out all these flames
You can't keep me down in my seat
I got fire under my feet
And I feel it in my heartbeat
You can get out of this place
If you can't take the heat
Fire
Dadurch wird er etwas sperrig. Obwohl der Gospel-Beat den Zuschauer richtig abholt. Leider etwas too much geworden.
Für euch habe ich hier eine Live-Aufnahme aus dem britischen Fernsehen.
Die Balade "You Know Me When" ist genau das Richtige für Leona. Hier kann sie ihre Stärken zeigen.
Take a look, look into my eyes
You'll see someone you don't recognize
You'll see someone who looks like me
But I'm not the me I used to be
Found I could fall, but I could get up
And after all, I could hold my head up
I made it out, I made it through
I'm someone now, I'm someone new
But you could say you knew me then
You could say you knew me when
You knew me when I was on the edge
And my confidence was shattered
You knew me when I didn't know my word
Didn't know how much I mattered
You knew me when you thought you could get me down, no
You knew me when, you knew me then
But you don't know me now
You look surprised to see I've changed
But I've turned the key and I've turned the page
Stepped out the dark into the sun
To a whole new me that I've become
I was scared, had so much fear then
Now I'm free, now I'm fearless
Took too much for too long
I'm someone now, I'm someone strong
And you could say you knew me then
You could say you knew me when
Hier nimmt sie die Höhen nicht ganz so spitz und dadurch ist der Song auch viel ansprechender. Die Balade hat viel Gänsehautpotential.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
In "I Am" beweist sie wieder ihr Können. Nichts gegen Weiterentwickeln, aber wenn Leona es auslässt, in die Höhen zu wollen, dann kann sie sich locker mit Beyonce und Co. messen.
I thought the moment I was leaving,
barely breathing,
fell to pieces,
couldn't face this.
Why would I be leaving, I was believing,
it was you and me against the world.
Not saying I was afraid of you,
won't put the blame on you,
but i wont change for you.
Just when you thought you dropped me,
I gotta dropped the news,
I'm still existing, I'm still here.
I am, with or without you.
I am breathing without you.
I am somebody without you.
I am, I am.
I am free without you.
I am stronger without you.
Thought I would never rise again.
But I am, I am.
Stilsicher macht sie "I Am" zum Megahit. Voller Power, voller Gefühl!
Für euch habe ich hier die Live-Aufnahme aus dem Londoner Hyde Park.
"Ladders" ist ein cooler Song, der mir von Anfang an gefiel. Die Electro-Elemente wirken verspielt und sind mal was Neues.
From these ladders that
Your climbing on
Ill build your diamond Dream
From the ashes of the pavements
That wound up to your house
Hail the sun
And all this glory
The radios on
It's playing your favorite song
I wish you hadn't died last night
I cannot bring you back
So can I come along
I cannot bring you back
From these ladders
That you're climbing on
This is ok look down
I'm in the apple orchard
That we found
Back in the fall
Baby your right at night
I'm a wreck without you
Keeping me so warm
I better perform
Sehr tanzbar.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
"The Essence of Me" ist wieder eine dieser Baladen, für die wir Leona so lieben. Hier brilliert sie auf ganzer Ebene.
Let me take these clothes off
Throw them in the fire
Blowing hair in the wind
Let spirit guide me
No limitations
It a brand new dawn
Onto new horizons
This is who I am
This is what I want
Oh I'm breaking free
I'm taking the leap
These water are deep
I'm feeling, I'm feeling
The essence of me
These mountains are steep
But there's not stopping me
I'm feeling, I'm feeling
The essence of me
The eh eh eh eh essence of me
The eh eh eh eh essence of me
I've been everything you wanted me to be
Let you chip away at my self esteem
You spoke so loud I couldn't hear myself
But now your ugly judgments
No longer pin me down
You can't pin me down!
They can pin me down!
Dieser Song wird ganz sicher noch oft im Radio zu hören sein. Mir gefällt er sehr gut.
Der Beat bei "I Got You" fängt den Zuhörer sofort ein. Der starke Song birgt wieder heikle Höhen, wirkt aber trotzdem durch und durch stimmig.
A place to crash
I got you
No need to ask
I got you
Just get on the phone
I got you
Come and pick you up
If I have to
What's weird about it
Is we're right at the end
And mad about it
Just figured it out in my head
I'm proud to say
I got you
Go ahead and say goodbye
I'll be alright
Go ahead and make me cry
I'll be alright
And when you need a place
To run to
For better for worse
I got you
Zum Ende dann übertreibt sie es ein bisschen. Schade.
Mir gefällt "Power" total gut. Dieser Hall, dieses zarte im Song, perfekt.
Going to release my restless heart
I learned all of things you chose
Oh but now nothing is standing stil
Gotta run for the ones with the love I feel
I feel, I I
I got the power
Ooh, power
I feel the power
Power
Take a deep breath, I'm jumping in
This is where you end and I begin
See the world through my kaleidoscope
I am the one I've been waiting for
I've been waiting for
I got the power
Ooh, power
I feel the power
Ooh, power
Wieder ein Hit mit fiel Potential.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
"Another Love Song" wartet mit Calipso-Elementen auf und bekommt dadurch einen ganz eigenwilligen Rhythmus.
You're so impossible
Scream and moan it chills my soul
Don't wanna hear you got left behind
All those times you stayed up and cried
It's no lie
You did it to yourself
Like chewed up gum under my shelf
Don't look surprised
You must have know all along
It's just another love song
Another love song
It's never easy
It's not hard
When you've lost your mind
With you it's sleezy
Don't tell me your worries
I'm sick, I'll leave you blind
Now the time has come
To leave this love that's left you dry
No need to work this out now
Cause you know there's no reason why
It's just another love song
Another love song
Der Track ist tanzbar, macht Laune und ist mal etwas anderes von Leona. Später schwingen noch House-Elemente mit und man fühlt sich in die Chartmusik der 90ger versetzt. Klasse.
"Thank You" ist eine Mega-Balade. Diese werden wir sicherlich noch bei vielen Gelegenheiten hören. Und auch hier zeigt Leona Lewis, wie sehr sie es kann.
If I've ever put you through hell
Only called when I needed help
If I've only thought of myself
Couldn't find the words to say what I felt
If I've ever lied to your face
Shut you out to keep you away
You'd always give and I'd always take
Yes, it took some time for me to say
Thank you, thank you
For seeing the best and the worst of me
The angel underneath
Thank you
Wahnsinn der Song.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
Die nächste Balade nennt sich "Thick Skin" und ist einfach nur der Hammer.
You can say anything you wanna say
Hit me, but I'm gonna love you anyway
If you didn't have a wall to hide behind
But you fell to pieces when your eyes were mine
You can throw your daggers, you can sink 'em in
It don't matter, I got thick skin
You can knock me down, but I'll get up again
Cause I'm stronger than your bruises, I got thick skin
Cause I'm stronger than your bruises, I got thick skin
Every time you find another stone to throw
I will pick it up and start to build a wall
Keep up with me?
And you were only adding my castle
You can throw your daggers, you can sink 'em in
It don't matter, I got thick skin
You can knock me down, but I'll get up again
Cause I'm stronger than your bruises, I got thick skin
Der Track gefällt so gut. Mit der Tiefe und der Power gehört er zu den besten Songs des Albums. Wirklich toll gemacht.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
Das Album schließt mit der ruhigen Balade "The Best and the Worst" die wieder sehr gelungen ist.
Ein phänomenaler Kracher, der das Album hier beendet.
Hierzu konnte ich euch leider kein Video verlinken.
Als Bonus gibt es auf der CD noch die Acoustic-Versions von "I Am" und "Thunder" und die United Studio Session von "Fire Under My Feed".
Mit "I Am" hat Leona Lewis hier ein etwas durchwachsenes Album heraus gebracht. Viele Songs sind sehr gut, aber in manchen übernimmt sie sich mit den Höhen. Klar ist sie dabei auch nicht die einzige Sängerin und es gehört auch wirklich zum Prozess einer Sängerin, neue Ufer zu erreichen, um sich weiter zu entwickeln. Aber mit ihrer Altstimme kommt sie eben nicht sauber hoch.
Als absoluter Fan von ihr darf ich auch sagen, dass ihre Stimme im Vergleich zu den anderen Alben kaum noch Volumen aufweist. Ich möchte den Ausdruck 'dünnes Stimmchen' eigentlich ungern gebrauchen, auch wenn er völlig zutrifft. Vielleicht sollte sie ihrer Stimme ein bisschen Ruhe gönnen, und dann wieder voll loslegen.
Das Album ist dementsprechend etwas enttäuschend. Die Songs sind wirklich schön und passen so sehr zu ihr. Leider sind aber einige Tracks wegen der Stimme nervig.
Schade wenn man bedenkt, wie cool sie früher alle an die Wand gesungen hat. Trotzdem ist es absolut wert, sich das Album zu besorgen. Es ist ein solides Album mit sehr guten Songs. Aber eben nicht der Standard für Leona Lewis. Das kann sie normaler Weise viel besser.
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen